Infolettres – Version anglaise
Newsletter of 22th June, 2021Stay informed about projects, activities and services offered and important dates to remember!
The Bureau des droits étudiants can help you!REMDUS reminds that its members have access to the Bureau des droits étudiants. The mission of the BDE is to defend and promote individual and collective student’s rights within the Université de Sherbrooke. Questions about your student rights or an academic problem? Contact the team now! Remember that the BDE is only offered to REMDUS members. Benefit from listening and legal advice (academic only!) completely confidential and free! The consultation is free and by appointment only! To make an appointment:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 819-821-7968 ext 2
2 positions to fill on the REMDUS Board of Directors!Enrich your studies with new experiences in the student movement! Get involved with REMDUS as a member of the Board of Directors and be part of the REMDUS’team. Note that the positions are to be filled until October 31st, 2021. Anyone who is a member of REMDUS can become an administrator!
- Being an administrator requires your presence at a minimum of one (1) meeting per month.
- Possibility of getting involved in REMDUS committees
The REMDUS is recruiting, make a difference at the UdeS!
1 position for election: Direction aux finances et services
This job is for you if:
- You like to coordinate projects
- You are a visionary and your heads is full of new ideas
- You want to concretely improve the student condition in graduate studies
Do you have an idea in mind to improve the condition of graduate students? Make it happen with the REMDUS team!
The Direction aux finances et services is a visionary person who ensures the good management, improvement and sustainability of the services offered by REMDUS. The person also maintains relations with ASEQ for the group insurance plan.
Benefit from the advantages below:
- Full-time job with good working conditions and good remuneration!
- Flexible schedule (family-work-study balance)
- Group insurance plan provided
- Reimbursement of expenses if travelling to attend events
How to apply the job?
- Update your resume and cover letter / presentation!
- Download the nomination form below.
- Meet at least 3 member associations in order to obtain their support (Contacts are in the form!) – Get in advance to contact them!
- Do you have all your support? Send CV, cover letter / presentation and nomination form to email@example.com before the deadline.
- Come to the next REMDUS congress on August 18th, 2021 for your interview!
Deadline to apply: August 11th, 2021
Click here for more informations (French only).
Click here to download the nomination form (French only).
Questions? Contact Joannie Connell, Directrice générale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AIEUS well-being survey « Are you holding up? »
International students only!
The Association interculturelle étudiante de l’Université de Sherbrooke (AIEUS) invites the international student community to respond to a « are you holding up? » survey on well-being.
Several prizes are to be won!
Deadline: June 30st, 2021
Click here to answer the survey.
The UdeS musical lunch is back!
Main campus only
Call for participation
Harassment and sexual violence at the University. Your story can changed everything.
Have you experienced acts of harassment and sexual violence by someone from your university?
Have you spoken about the situation to an authority or resource at your university since September 2019?
The research team of the research chair on gender-based and sexual violence in higher education wants to hear your experience when you disclosed this situation to your university.
You do not need to have made a complaint.
- 1h30 confidential virtual interview
- $ 30 compensation
For information, contact ludivine Tomasso at email@example.com – 514-816-2067.
GEST 2021 project
The Fondation estrienne en environnement is pleased to launch its 3rd edition of the GEST Program in order to fund projects aimed at reducing GHG emissions at the local or regional level among businesses with 100 employees or less and municipalities in the Eastern Townships.
This competition offers:
- A creativity workshop for the 10 finalists with:
- o An analysis of the project
- o An interdisciplinary reflection helping to improve the project
- Financial support of $ 10,000 to the 2 laureates
- The winning projects will be presented at the Eastern Townships Environmental Excellence Awards Gala.
Here are some ideas for projects aimed at reducing or mitigating GHGs:
- Conversion of a traditional roof to a green roof;
- Establishment of innovative practices diverting organic matter from landfill;
- Encourage sustainable mobility through eco-responsible park-and-ride, improving active transport infrastructure, setting up a car rental or sharing system or even the electrification of vehicles with an education component aimed at generating a change in behavior;
- Change in practices in order to reduce at source the volume of raw materials used, reducing the life cycle of a product;
- Concrete actions to revitalize the heart of the village and promote the installation of local services in order to reduce public transport by car;
- Creation of a public market favoring the purchase of local and sustainable products reducing transport and the production of resources.
Click here for more informations about the program.
Lump sum payment of 200$ from Quebec
Last March, the Quebec government announced financial assistance of $ 83 million to 400,000 college and university students to « reduce the impact of the sanitary health crisis ».
As expected, therefore, full-time students (four courses) are entitled to $ 100 for the fall 2020 semester and $ 100 for the winter 2021 semester.
To be entitled to your money, students will have to fill out an online form online July 2nd on the portal used by the university.
Deadline: March 15th, 2022Click here for more informations.
Thank you and have a great week!